Having surgery is an important decision, and so is choosing where to have surgery. At Regional Health Rapid City Hospital and Spearfish Hospital, our care teams are made up of experienced surgeons and specialists equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology.
Regional Health Rapid City Hospital’s Department of General Surgery comprises board-certified surgeons who provide evaluation and treatment for a full range of general surgery conditions. Our providers work collaboratively with other medical specialties to provide optimal patient care.
The da Vinci System is utilized at Rapid City Hospital to perform minimally invasive surgery. With this system, patients usually have a shorter stay in the hospital, experience less pain, have reduced risk of infection and recover faster. Discuss this option with our providers for additional information on surgical procedures performed using the da Vinci.
Our services include:
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Breast surgery
- Thoracic surgery including VATS
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery: gastric, pancreatic, gallbladder, and biliary, liver, adrenal, small intestine, colon and rectal
- Surgical oncology
- Hernia surgery: ventral, umbilical, inguinal and complex abdominal wall hernias
- Laparoscopic/minimally invasive and robotic surgery including single site robotic surgery
- Dialysis access
- Trauma and acute care surgery