Regional Health Rapid City Hospital is the region's leading medical center offering a broad scope of services to keep you and your family healthy. We provide health care services to the 360,000 people who live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and the surrounding region, as well as thousands of visitors each year.
Click here for a map of the hospital and a list of helpful phone numbers.
Free wi fi is available throughout Regional Health Rapid City Hospital.
In the early 1970s spiraling costs and new developments in medical technology cast doubt on the feasibility of maintaining two hospitals (Saint John's McNamara and Bennett-Clarkson) in Rapid City. A seven-member Hospital Action Committee was formed to explore the possibility of merging the two hospitals. Officially incorporated on July 1, 1973, Rapid City Regional Hospital began with 80 physicians on the Medical Staff and 280 licensed beds. As of April 2012, Regional Health Rapid City Hospital has inpatient bed capacity of 329.
Regional Health Rapid City Hospital's roots can be traced to a foundation based on communication, cooperation, and collaboration to be a not-for-profit entity. Any surplus in revenue has been and is continually used to fund the development of programs and services to meet the health care needs of the community and region. We are confident about Regional Health Rapid City Hospital's future, and we're honored to be your partner in delivering excellence in health care.
Regional Health News:
Regional Health Rapid City Hospital has operated exclusively for the the purpose of improving the health of those in western South Dakota. Hundreds of people each day seek our assistance in meeting their health care needs. In 2007, our Medical Staff treated more than 16,800 inpatients and performed more than 185,500 outpatient procedures. For information on the wide variety of health services we offer, including emergency care, surgery, obstetrics, rehabilitation, pain management, heart and vascular care, laboratory services, and cancer care, please choose from the links below.
South Entrance to Regional Health Rapid City Hospital
- In preparation for construction of a new Emergency Department and a new patient tower, the South Entrance of Regional Health Rapid City Hospital will close May 1.
- All patients and guests with the exception of Emergency Department patients will want to use the Main Entrance, located off of Fairmont Boulevard, just east of Fifth Street.
- To assist patients and guests while available parking space is reduced due to construction, free valet services will be available at the Main Entrance between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Directions to services and departments inside the hospital can be obtained at the Guest Services Desk.
- For the time being, direct access to the Emergency Department will remain unchanged. Please continue to use the existing path off of Fifth Street, south of the hospital.
- Communication related to changing traffic and entrance patterns will continue to be updated as various stages of hospital construction are rolled out in the coming years.
- Regional Health is excited about the coming improvements to its healing environments. They will allow us to continue increasing access and availability of quality care and assist us while we continually improve your patient and family experience.
For more information, please call 605-755-1000