|The Home+ Specialty Pharmacy team provides personalized care, clinical expertise, quality products and outstanding customer service. Our team works closely with you, your prescriber and your insurance company to ensure your needs are met.
Specialty Pharmacy Enrollment
Enrollment is required for Home+ to work on your behalf. Call Home+ Specialty Pharmacy to enroll, or ask your physician to phone, fax or e-prescribe on your behalf. There is no charge.
The Specialty Pharmacy team will:
- Work with insurers, including Medicare, so you know your coverage.
- Obtain any needed prior authorizations from your insurer.
- Work to find resources for financial hardship, if needed.
- Ship medication to your home at no extra cost.
- Provide essential equipment such as alcohol swabs and sharps containers at no extra cost.
A Home+ nurse or pharmacist work with you one-on-one to make sure you receive the most benefit from your therapy. Patients receive:
- Check-in calls from a therapy management nurse.
- Information about the safe and effective handling and storage of your medication.
- Education on how to take or inject your medications correctly.
- Clinical guidance to help prevent or manage medication side effects and injection site reactions.
New prescriptions: Contact us by phone or email. Or your doctor can submit your prescription to us.
Refills: Pharmacy staff calls you with refill reminders. Or contact us to request a refill.
Prescription transfers: The pharmacy staff will transfer prescriptions to or from Home+ Specialty Pharmacy.
Order status: Contact us by phone or email to check on prescription status.
Delivery: Home+ will deliver or ship medications to any location free of charge. Or you can pick medications up at the Specialty Pharmacy or Home+ retail pharmacies in Rapid City or Spearfish.
Email us: email@example.com
Other resources for patients
Patients Rights and Responsibilities
Frequently Asked Questions about Specialty Pharmacy
Why use Home+ Specialty Pharmacy?
- Home+ Specialty Pharmacy is the only pharmacy of its kind in the region, providing medication and therapy management for patients with chronic, rare or complex conditions that require specialty medications.
- Home+ clinical specialists teach you about your medication, how to take it, how to minimize or manage side effects and how to store it. These one-on-one meetings may take an hour or longer.
- Home+ pharmacy staff work closely with your provider and insurer to get needed pre-authorizations and verify insurance coverage.
Will there be a co-payment for my medication?
The co-pay amount is determined by your insurance plan.
Can I get financial assistance to pay for my specialty medication?
The Specialty Pharmacy team will help identify patient assistance programs through drug manufacturers or other sources, if needed.
Can I have all of my medications filled at Regional Specialty Pharmacy?
Yes. We can fill all your prescriptions and help you with transfers from other pharmacies.
How long does it take to receive my medication?
Prescriptions are available within one to two days once insurance approval is secured.
How do I get my medications?
We will ship your medication, free of charge, within 24 to 48 hours. The pharmacy staff will contact you to arrange a convenient delivery time. A signature is required to deliver specialty medications.
Or, the pharmacy team can arrange to have your medications available for pick up at any of these locations:
Home+ Specialty Pharmacy
1906 Lombardy Drive, Suite 102
Rapid City, SD 57703
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Home+ Pharmacy Rapid City
(Inside Rapid City Regional Hospital)
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Weekends and holidays, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Home+ Pharmacy Spearfish
(Inside Queen City Regional Medical Clinic)
1420 North 10th St., Suite 1
Spearfish, SD 57783
John T. Vucurevich Cancer Care Institute Pharmacy
(Connected to Rapid City Regional Hospital)
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How should I store my medication?
It’s important to follow the storage directions for your medication. Some specialty medications require refrigeration. Others should be stored away from direct sun or moisture.
What if I experience a reaction to my medication?
Call 911 immediately with emergency concerns related to your medication. It is important that you follow your prescriber’s directions for taking your medication and discuss any concern you may have. Contact your provider or the Home+ pharmacy team for any non-emergency questions, or if you experience any side effects that prevent you from taking your medication.
Can I return any unused medication?
Unused medications cannot be returned. Check the FDA website for details about safe medication disposal or contact your city or county about take-back programs.
If you have any concerns about the condition of your medication when you receive it, please contact Home+ Specialty Pharmacy immediately.
Home+ Specialty Pharmacy is the only specialty pharmacy in the region, and has access to a variety of medications otherwise filed by national mail-order pharmacies. As a local supplier, we have the unique advantage of personal interaction with both you and your medical team.
Our pharmacists and nurses will work closely with your patients to ensure that any problems they may encounter, such as side-effects or poor adherence, are identified and communicated directly to you and your staff. We will work collaboratively with you, your staff, and your patients to find the best solutions to these problems to ensure that your patients get the most out of their medication therapy.
What makes us unique?
- Access to multiple electronic medical records in the area resulting in more seamless transitions of care - for you and your patients.
- A small, friendly staff of local pharmacists, technicians, and nurses who pride outselves on maintaining close relationships with our patients, our providers and our community.
- A team of technicians specializing in financial advocacy who will work to provide your patients with the lowest copays available.
- A proactive refill reminder process with pharmacy to prescriber feedback to identify and communicate potential issues such as medication adherence.
- Specialty medication therapy meanagement for many complex chronic disease states through which a team of nurses and pharmacists are dedicated to heloing patients get the safest and most effective results to meet their treatment goals.
- Ongoing communication with prescribers and their staff to keep them apprised of any potential problems or challenges their patients may encounter with their medication therapy between office visits.
We look forward to providing you and your patients a level of pharmaceutical care never offerend in the Black Hills until now.
As members of the health system-based specialty pharmacy network, Excelera, the Regional Health Home+ Specialty Pharmacy brings comprehnsive care to patients with complex conditions right at the point of care. By implementing clinical care protocols, using specialized data management systems, providing high-touch service and integrating providers, we ensure the best clinical and financial outcomes for your patients.