Regional On Call Transfer Center
Regional On Call is a transfer center that coordinates all admission requests from other hospitals and local physicians. By calling the number above, we will capture patient medical and demographic information, facilitate communication between providers and handle patient placement.
Here's how it works:
The Transfer Center Nurse will gather information from the initial call for transfer.
- Referring provider's call back number
- Patient's name
- DOB and diagnosis
The Transfer Center Nurse will connect the referring provider to the admitting provider and remain on the line for the conference call.
The admitting and referring provider will discuss the status of the patient.
- The decision to accept, consult only, or refer the patient to the Emergency Room (trauma/STEMI/acute surgical/stroke) or
- Admit the patient to an inpatient bed or the RAU (Rapid Admission Unit).
- Assist with appropriate placement to another facility.
The Transfer Center Nurse will initiate the transfer.
- The Transfer Center Nurse will speak with the referring nurse to inform them of the acceptance of the patient, the accepting physicians name, and the nurse to nurse hand-off report number.
- Transportation arrangements will be facilitated at this time.